Monster Class Updates
April 05, 2018
1. There is no homework packet this week as we want to make sure your child has plenty of time to complete their fiction book storyboard which is due next Wednesday, April 11th. Please do not send the storyboard in sooner as storage is a problem. Thank you.
Remember that the storyboard should be done on a trifold poster board so that it can stand up independently on a table/desk. Several parents told me that they were able to find one at the Dollar Tree or Target.
2. The First Grade Reading Fair is on Thursday, April 12th from 8:15 to 9:15am. Parents are welcome to attend. If you are unable to attend the Reading Fair in the morning, you will be able to see your child's fiction book storyboard in the classroom during Open House on Thursday, April 12th.
3. Original Art artwork and information went home today. Please take a look at your kiddo's awesome art to see if you are interested in ordering something.
4. Yearbooks are on sale. The deadline is April 08, 2018. Be sure to order one before it is too late. You may order online at:
Yearbook ID Code: 13016618
5. Please keep sending in those box tops! Thank you!
6. Please send in a new Crayola Water Color Paint tray for your child. We use these often they are being used up. Thank you!
I sent home the permission forms for our March 16th field trip to see "Seussical, the Musical", at the Roseville Theater Arts Academy, in the homework folder today. Please fill out all the pages completely. Please be sure to fill out the medical and emergency information in full.
We are asking that the permission forms be returned to class by Friday, February 23rd or sooner.....please and thank you!
A big thank you to the families that offered to send in Valentine goodies on February 14th for our Valentine Exchange. We will have all the treats and water bottles that we need for a fun time!
Finally, the Great Box Top competition is in full swing and will be going until Friday, Feb. 16th. The class that brings in the most box tops will win a special treat! Go Monsters!!!
Monster Class Reminders
Homework is due on Thursday! Please be sure you check your student's work and sign the front page before your student turns it in on Thursday morning. Remember, the reading log and all the pages must be complete in order to go to First Grade Fun Day. Thank you for your support!
Final spelling tests are given on Thursdays. Please help your student study the spelling words by using a few of the fun activities listed in the homework packet.
Arrrr Matey! Jog-A-Thon is Friday, September 22nd. The Monster Class will be jogging from 8:30am-9:00am. Come join the fun and cheer on our Pirate Monster Class! We are graciously accepting pledges at this time! This is our largest fundraiser and we appreciate your generosity and support!
Parent Teacher Conferences are coming quickly (October 2-6: Minimum days all week)! If you haven't signed up for a spot yet, please do so soon. You can find the link on my website. Thank you!
Picture Day is October 12th.
Fall Break is October 16th - October 20th.
Wednesday is Library Day!
Please be sure your kiddo remembers to bring back their library book tomorrow so that they can check out a new one!
Have a great day!