August 21, 2017
We survived our first week!! Despite being completely exhausted (I don't think I was the only one ;), it went really well. What a great class we have!
Math - We are working with place value, properties, and the power of zero in the first few lessons of Chapter 1. At Back-to-School night we will review how I manage the lessons, homework, etc.
Reading/Lang. Arts - We have been working hard at completing reading assessments including the Star Reading Test. AR goals will be set within the week. I also introduced our first unit in Nat Geo. Our theme is immigration. Consider a family discussion over dinner about where your ancestors may have immigrated from. The kids were all very excited to share their heritage. More to come...
Science - We conducted two science experiments to introduce the Scientific Process (Save Fred! and Gobstopper Science!). This week we will begin our first FOSS unit on Mixtures & Solutions.
Social Studies - We are learning about the 5 themes of geography. This week we focus on location (latitude and longitude). We will also learn the names and locations of the continents and oceans.
August 24 Band Information Night (6:30-7:30pm)
August 31 Back To School Night (7:50-8:20pm)
Sept. 4 Labor Day Holiday
MyNGConnect - https://www.myngconnect.com
- Online Access to ELA Student Anthology, Practice Workbook, Visual Learning Resources and more!
- continue to build your subject area skills, while donating rice to The World Food Programme.
- learn a new language, be prepared to say hello on your first day of class!
Go Math Login Page
- You may continue to access your Go Math Resources over the summer by using your AR username and password to login.
- practice creative problem solving and design with legos using Google's Build With Chrome.