CAMPUS ATTIRE – DRESS CODE
The principles that guide the dress policy encourage cleanliness, safety, and health. It is the school’s desire to project a positive image that can be enforced by all staff members and does not detract from the daily education experience. Students must adhere to the following guidelines while at school AND during extracurricular school functions. Student violations of dress and grooming regulations are termed willful defiance of the valid authority of the school principal, and the Board of Education directs that the principal may administer appropriate disciplinary action.
* All students are to attend school and school related activities in a manner that is clean and not hazardous to the health and safety of themselves or others and does not detract from the educational process.
* Articles of clothing, jewelry, accessories, notebooks, permanent and temporary tattoos, body markings, and possessions which are known, by previous experience, to have affiliations with gangs, hate/violence (satanic) or neo-Nazi organizations, display gang symbols, anti-ethnic, sexist, are obscene, or profane, have sexually suggestive expressions or activities, display tobacco, alcohol, drugs or sex; or materially interfere with school work; create disorder or disrupt the educational process are not allowed. Possessions that are determined to be harassing, threatening, or intimidating to others will not be allowed.
* Any clothing or apparel that is harassing, threatening, intimidating to others or advocates violence against a particular person or group of persons will not be allowed.
* Any apparel, hairstyle, cosmetic or jewelry, even if not specifically mentioned, which creates a safety concern or restricts normal school activities is prohibited.
* To prevent distraction, modesty shall prevail in student dress. At no time shall a student's private body parts or underclothing be exposed or seen.