Welcome to Ms. Warner's Amazing 4/5!
Only two weeks to go until a much needed winter hibernation for us all! :) It is such a fun and festive time of year and I am enjoying celebrating the season with your children in Room 3!
Our STAR STUDENT last week was Mason Block! We learned that Mason has a passion for Jujitsu and that he has already earned a yellow belt! Mason was a great helper all week. Thank you, Mason!
HOLIDAY PARTY - We will celebrate as a class on Friday, Dec. 21 from 10:15-11:15am. Watch for more information to come home soon!
- This week, 4th grade continues their study of factors by relating them to multiples. They also work with identifying prime and composite numbers.
- 5th grade is working with multiplying decimals by whole numbers, and, this week, we tackled multiplying a decimal by a decimal. We use models and expanded form to help us.
- TESTS - Both grades will wrap up their respective chapters next week and be ready for a test on Thursday, Dec. 20!
- 4th graders and 5th graders will wrap up their native american folder projects this week! This has been a research project in which students selected a tribe (4th graders, California tribes and 5th graders, US tribes) and are creating a visual display about their history, homes, traditions, culture, and resources. It's been a process. ;)
- 4th grade continues their study of minerals, while 5th grade dives into the periodic table of elements and molecular bonds! This week, both grade levels focus on a given element or mineral to research and complete a WANTED! poster.
- Additionally, this week and next, we will be having more STEM fun as we conquer some winter and holiday challenges.
MyNGConnect - https://www.myngconnect.com
- Online Access to ELA Student Anthology, Practice Workbook, Visual Learning Resources and more!
- continue to build your subject area skills, while donating rice to The World Food Programme.
- learn a new language, be prepared to say hello on your first day of class!
Go Math Login Page
- You may continue to access your Go Math Resources over the summer by using your AR username and password to login.
- practice creative problem solving and design with legos using Google's Build With Chrome.